System76 unveils Broadwell-powered Lemur laptop
A new laptop loaded with Linux has just arrived, and it is not a surprise to see that it runs Ubuntu. According to System76 CEO and founder Carl Richell, "The Lemur is a new laptop class for System76. It's designed to achieve long battery life and affordability while maintaining the high quality standards our customers have come to expect."
System76 Lemur has a price tag of only $599 USD and the following specs and features:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-5010U with Intel HD 5500 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 500 GB hard disk drive
- Display: 14.1-inch glossy with 1,366X768 pixels
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: 1XUSB 2.0, 2XUSB 3.0, SD card reader, Gigabit LAN, WiFi and Bluetooth, HDMI 1.4a, VGA
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.2 pounds; 13.38X9.5X0.89 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 6-cell lithium-ion with 62.16 Wh; over 5 hours, depending on usage
While the processor and the display cannot be changed, buyers can choose to get up to 16 GB RAM ($175 USD extra), up to 1 TB SSD ($495 USD) - the Lemur can accommodate up to two internal drives. System76 Lemur comes with lifetime Ubuntu support and has a standard one-year warranty that can be extended to 3 years for $195 USD.