Notebookcheck
, , , , , ,
search relation.
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 

Samsung sells over 100,000 Galaxy S7 handsets in South Korea in two days

Samsung sells 100,000 Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge units in Korea in two days
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
After two days on the market, the regular Galaxy S7 accounted for about 60 percent of the total sales.
Codrut Nistor,
, , , , , ,
search relation.
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 

Samsung seems to be right on target with the new flagships, as the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge managed to sell better than expected during their first two days on the market. According to industry data published on Sunday, the company sold more than 100,000 units of Galaxy S7 series handsets on the Korean market in the first two days after the official launch.

The same sources reveal that Samsung sold 60,000 Galaxy S7 units on Friday and 40,000 on Saturday. The data highlights that the most popular model was the regular Galaxy S7, with about 60 percent of the sales, while the Galaxy S7 Edge accounted for the remaining 40 percent. This initial sales performance in South Korea "is roughly on par with demand generated when the Galaxy S6 series phones reached the market last year."

Samsung officials declared themselves happy with the Galaxy S7 sales on Saturday, usually considered to be a slow day. We will probably get back to the Galaxy S7 sales soon since the global sales data might be even more interesting, so stay tuned.

Source(s)

Read all 2 comments / answer
static version load dynamic
Loading Comments
Comment on this article
, , , , , ,
search relation.
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 
Codrut Nistor
Codrut Nistor - Senior Tech Writer - 5461 articles published on Notebookcheck since 2013
In my early school days, I hated writing and having to make up stories. A decade later, I started to enjoy it. Since then, I published a few offline articles and then I moved to the online space, where I contributed to major websites that are still present online as of 2021 such as Softpedia, Brothersoft, Download3000, but I also wrote for multiple blogs that have disappeared over the years. I've been riding with the Notebookcheck crew since 2013 and I am not planning to leave it anytime soon. In love with good mechanical keyboards, vinyl and tape sound, but also smartphones, streaming services, and digital art.
Please share our article, every link counts!
> Notebook / Laptop Reviews and News > News > News Archive > Newsarchive 2016 03 > Samsung sells over 100,000 Galaxy S7 handsets in South Korea in two days
Codrut Nistor, 2016-03-14 (Update: 2016-03-14)