Samsung officially introduces Galaxy A7, global availability still unknown
After an official confirmation in the shape of a preview in Malaysia, Samsung is finally making the Galaxy A7 official on a global scale. While release dates and pricing are still unknown, the latest post on Samsung's official blog Samsung Tomorrow reveals all the technical details of this large screen handset advertised as the company's slimmest smartphone yet.
Samsung Galaxy A7 comes in single and dual SIM variants, both offering 4G LTE connectivity. The dual SIM variant will also have a 3G-only version. These are their specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 or Exynos 5430
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back with autofocus and LED Flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC (LTE versions only), GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.31 pounds; 5.94X3X0.25 inches
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Colors: Pearl White, Midnight Black, Champagne Gold
All versions of this handset come with a rich set of sensors, including accelerometer, proximity, RGB, geomagnetic, or light. The front camera has advanced selfie-centric features, including Ultra Wide Shot and Auto Selfie modes.
Samsung Galaxy A7 should hit Malaysia in February, but only after it reaches South Korea, so we should hear more about worldwide availability in the month to come.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros