Samsung W2016 flip smartphone launches in China
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
The device formerly known as Galaxy Golden 3 back in the days when it was spotted at TENAA is now official, but its name is less attractive - Samsung W2016. However, the device itself is a stylish, high-end dual screen flip smartphone that uses a metal and glass build, offers dual SIM capabilities, as well as wireless charging.
Samsung W2016 has the following highlights:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7420 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM;
- Display: dual display, 3.9-inch WXGA Super AMOLED inside, 3.9-inch on the back
- Cameras: 5 MP for selfies, 16 MP main camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual SIM dual standby, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Colors: gold, metallic grey
Unfortunately for those interesting, this handset will only retail in China, and its price on that market is around $1,565 USD. Remains to see when and if they decide to launch it internationally, because the W2016 surely has the looks, although its price will be hard to swallow by most fans of the classic clamshell design.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros