Runtopia S1: GPS Sport Watch launched in Europe for 70 Euros
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Runtopia is a sports and fitness brand that has already made a name for itself with its GPS-based running app, which offers custom training schedules for running, weight loss, universal physical fitness, and other coaching features. Additionally, Runtopia has attracted attention on the crowdfunding platform Indiegogo.com with its smart running shoes Runtopia Reach.
Now, the American manufacturer is launching its first smartwatch, the Runtopia S1, in Europe. The GPS sport watch Runtopia S1 will be available in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Spain, Sweden, and in the UK. The price of the GPS fitness watch is competitive: The Android- and iOS-compatible Runtopia S1 will cost around 70 Euros (~US$80).
Priced like a well-equipped GPS fitness tracker, the Runtopia S1 is a lightweight (around 55 grams), round watch with a diameter of 47 mm, a zinc alloy chassis and a wrist strap made of rubber. The low-priced Runtopia S1 is aimed at recreational athletes, who want to track and evaluate their fitness progress using the Runtopia app.
The most important features of the Runtopia S1 include (manufacturer's information):
- In conjunction with the Runtopia app: Audio coaching via smartphone with real-time pace, speed, distance and heart rate informs users about the necessary adjustments for an optimized training session.
- The Runtopia S1 offers a compass, stopwatch, alarm, notifications for incoming messages and calls, activity reminders, daily step counter, a calorie tracker and more.
- Integrated GPS and GLONASS, data can later be synchronized through the app.
- Heart-rate monitoring: 24-hour and PPG heart rate in real time. Acoustic warnings when the readings exceed their maximum values.
- Dedicated modes for cycling and walking: The Runtopia S1 supports outdoor cycling, outdoor walking and indoor walking with an individual history for each mode.
- 25 days battery life: Thanks to battery optimizations, the watch has a standby time of up to 25 days. With GPS enabled, the smartwatch lasts "for 2 full marathons on average".
- Waterproof design: The Runtopia S1 is 3 ATM waterproof and suitable for temperatures from 10 °C to 50 °C.
Runtopia S1 technical specifications (manufacturer's specifications):
Country availability: UK, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Australia, Canada, United States, Mexico.
- Dimensions: 47 mm
- Weight: 55 g
- Wrist size: 160 mm - 245 mm
- Color: Black
- Watch case material: Zinc alloy
- Watch strap material: Rubber
- Phone compatibility: Android 4.4 or later, iOS 9.0 or later
- Connected app: Runtopia app
- Audio coaching: Yes
- Display: 128 x 128 pix
- Connectivity: Bluetooth BLE 5.0 and above
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart-rate sensor
- Battery type: Lithium battery
- Battery life: 25 days standby time, 8 hours using GPS
- Waterproof rating: ATM 3 (30 meters)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C- 50 °C (14 °F-122 °F)
- Customizable watch face: Yes
- Touch display: Yes
- Color display: No
- Sport modes: Outdoor running, indoor running, indoor walking, outdoor walking, cycling
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros