Milestone time: There are one billion Windows 10 devices in the wild
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
English-Chinese-Translator - Details here
No matter how much people despise it and how many updates plagued with various issues Microsoft releases, Windows 10 remains the world's most popular operating system that runs on multiple platforms, mainly desktop computers. According to last month's figures, Google Android is the leader of the global operating system market, with 38.9%, followed by Windows, with 35.29% (Windows 7 and other versions also included).
Below you can check out some of the Windows 10 facts revealed by Microsoft's Corporate VP of Modern Life, Search & Devices, Yusuf Mehdi in yesterday's announcement:
- Windows 10 is being used by one out of seven people on the planet.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Windows 10 devices.
- The Windows Insider Program now has over 17.8 million members.
- Microsoft aims to bring Windows 10 to "nearly every platform" through Azure and virtual machines.
- Windows 10 comes on more than 80,000 laptops and 2-in-1 models from more than 1,000 manufacturers, but it also powers Mixed Reality and HoloLens.
Should we get ready for the 1.5 billion milestone? Will Microsoft manage to get there by the end of 2023? Do you love/hate Windows 10 or simply don't care about it? Feel free to share your thoughts about it with the rest of us in the comments section.