Microsoft launches new Wearable Productivity apps
Although Windows 10 already proves to be quite successful, Microsoft keeps pushing into all markets as never before. Yesterday, the Redmond giant announced a lot of new and updated productivity apps for wearables, including Android Wear and Apple Watch. The list of new/updated products includes OneDrive, OneNote, as well as Microsoft Translator.
Below you can check a roundup of these apps and their highlights:
- Outlook for Apple Watch - allows to browse and read emails on the smartwatch, also featuring Quick Replies with preset responses and voice dictation
- Wunderlist for Apple Watch - Quick Add feature added, redesigned Glance
- Yammer for iOS - Apple Watch support coming soon
- Microsoft Translator for Android Wear and Apple Watch - instant translations in 50 languages, companion iOS and Android apps available for managing settings and translating from the smartphone
- OneDrive for Android Wear - new watch face, shared documents edits notifications on the watch
- OneNote for Android Wear - dictation of new notes added, recently viewed notes displayed on the watch
In addition to the above, Microsoft also managed to bring Cortana to the Microsoft Band wearable already, since Windows Phone 8.1 launched packing the virtual assistant software. The next step would be to see the Microsoft Band working with Cortana on Android handsets as well, but that probably will not happen anytime soon.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros