Microsoft announces updated Nokia 105 and Nokia 105 Dual SIM
Microsoft released the original Nokia 105 back in May 2013 and sold over 80 million units ever since. Earlier today, the Redmond giant announced a new Nokia 105, also available in a Dual SIM variant. This cheap handset targets first-time mobile phone buyers, but also those looking for a backup phone that offers long battery life and a sturdy design without breaking the bank.
The updated Microsoft Nokia 105 has the following highlights:
- Display: 1.45-inch LCD transmissive with 128X128 pixels
- Connectivity: Dual-band 900/1800 MHz (both variants) and 850/1900 MHz (single SIM only), micro USB charging, 3.5 mm AV connector
- Operating system: Nokia Series 30+
- Battery/Autonomy: BL-5CB, 800 mAh; up to 15 hours talk time and 35 days (single SIM) or 25 days (dual SIM) standby
- Colors: white, black, cyan
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.15 pounds; 4.27X1.79X0.56 inches
Microsoft Nokia 105 and Nokia 105 Dual SIM will go on sale later this month "in select markets" for an estimated price of just $20 USD before taxes and subsidies. Availability and pricing details should be announced locally prior to launch.