MIUI 14 to feature a new design language, anti-fraud protection, and more
Xiaomi released the MIUI 13 interface about a year ago, and now many users are waiting for the 13.5 version, which will be the last significant update before MIUI 14 for some phone models, but also the final step for others (unfortunately, it is very likely that handsets released less than two years ago, such as the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, will stop at MIUI 13.5). However, the list of handsets that will receive MIUI 14 is not final yet, so there is always hope until Xiaomi decides to make an official announcement regarding the fate of certain devices.
According to Xiaomiui, "A new design language is expected by everyone in the MIUI 14 version." and the list of features added by MIUI 14 Early Beta 22.7.19 includes the following highlights:
- Updated UI for App Vault and Clock
- The ability to disable permanent notifications from the Notification Panel
- Recognize text on images in Gallery
- Toggle for MIUI Gallery On This Day Memories
- Mi Code hints that the Clock app will be allowed to be uninstalled and Qualcomm LE Audio support is coming
- MIUI anti-fraud protection for calls, messages, and apps
Since all the features mentioned above are part of an Early Beta release, they should be taken with a grain of salt. Even more, we should keep in mind that Global and Chinese MIUI releases are quite different. Last, but not least, those unhappy with MIUI who would like to keep their phones should take a look at the generous offering of third-party ROMs available on the XDA Forums for both Xiaomi and POCO handsets.