Logitech SmartDock and Surface Pro 4 for Skype Business Meetings
Logitech SmartDock was designed in collaboration with Microsoft and is a video conferencing system that makes it easy and affordable to join a Skype for Business call from any conference room. SmartDock is designed to be combined with Logitech ConferenceCams and can easily be used and deployed in different types of conference rooms - from huddle rooms to large executive conference rooms, to classrooms and auditoriums.
Scott Wharton, general manager of the Logitech video collaboration group:
"With Logitech SmartDock, Skype for Business users can easily start video calls with one touch, share content in a meeting, and streamline the overall collaboration experience. Plus, Logitech SmartDock combines multiple components into a purpose-built, Skype Room System-certified solution, taking the guesswork and clutter out of the conference room."
Logitech SmartDock works as an easy-to-use touch-screen console that launches and manages Skype for Business conference room meetings. SmartDock is an integral part of the Skype Room Systems experience and provides three main functions:
- A secure (lockable) mounting system for Microsoft Surface Pro 4, which acts as the computer to run the Skype for Business software as well as the control of the meeting room. The mount can swivel 180 degrees so everyone in the room can easily access the screen control.
- Additional ports for the Surface Pro 4 for power, USB devices, and HDMI, all through one cable.
- An HDMI passthrough, which allows meeting participants to plug in a laptop and start sharing high-quality display output (up to 1080p 60 fps) to the local monitor.
Logitech SmartDock will be available through authorized distributors in the U.S., Canada, and most Western European countries later this year, with additional availability in 2017. SmartDock has an MSRP of $599/€699 and will be sold as part of a Skype Room System package. The SmartDock Extender Box has an MSRP of $249/€299. Sample Skype Room System packages include:
- Base Package: Includes Logitech SmartDock and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 loaded with Skype Room Systems software.
- Huddle Room Package with Audio and Video Capabilities: Includes Base Package and Logitech ConferenceCam CONNECT.
- Large Room Package with Audio and Video Capabilities: Includes Base Package with Extender Box, and Logitech GROUP with two expansion mics.
Logitech SmartDock for Skype Room System can be seen for the first time at Microsoft Ignite in Atlanta Sept. 26–29, in booth no. 1818.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros