Lenovo unveils ThinkPad P50s mobile workstation
Next to the ThinkPad P40 Yoga, which is the world's first multimode workstation, Lenovo also unveiled yesterday the P50s workstation. While having similar specs overall, it lacks the multimode capabilities and can only be used as a regular notebook. Fortunately, those interested can choose a touchscreen option although its resolution is smaller than that of the P40.
Lenovo ThinkPad P50s has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 Skylake (no model specified)
- Memory/Storage: up to 32 GB RAM; one storage device, up to 1 TB HDD/512 GB SSD/256 GB PCIe
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD IPS with 300 nits, FHD touch with 270 nits, or 3K IPS with 350 nits
- Connectivity: Intel 8260 2X2 a/c + Bluetooth 4.1, USB 3.0, HDMI 1.4, RJ45 Gigabit, docking connector, SDXC
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro with downgrade rights to Windows 7 Professional/Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 8.1
- Weight/Dimensions: starting at 4.9 pounds; 15X10.2X0.88-0.92 inches
- Autonomy: up to 17 hours
Same as its sibling P40 Yoga, the P50s mobile workstation is expected to hit the market in Q1 2016 via www.lenovo.com and various Lenovo business partners. Lenovo ThinkPad P50s will begin at $1,299 USD.