CES 2022 | Lenovo reveals the ThinkVision P27h and P27q Gen 3 monitors
A pair of monitors for professional use is Lenovo's upcoming ThinkVsion P27h-30 and P27q-30, a duo that is scheduled to hit the market this summer. The main difference is in the one-cable docking solution, which comes with far more connectivity options in the P27h-30.
The list of common specs and features is quite long, and its highlights include the following:
- A 4-side near edgeless bezel design.
- 27-inch QHD display with HDR10 support and 95% DCI-P3, 99% sRGB, BT.709 colors.
- IPS panel, 60 Hz refresh rate, 4 ms minimum response time.
- Fully adjustable stand.
- Natural low blue light technology.
- ThinkColour software support for smart and easier control.
- Support for the ThinkVision VoIP Modular Stack cableless conferencing solution.
The individual highlights of the P27h-30 include up to 100 W power charging, USB and multi-display capability, as well as KVM switching for power-users who can easily flip between PC inputs.
The ThinkVision P27 series monitors come with sustainable paper packaging with pulp cushion, so they can be considered environmentally friendly as well (when talking about the packaging, of course).
The Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-30 will hit the market starting at US$499, and the P27h-30 will have a starting price of US$599. Both are scheduled to become available in July 2022, one month after the ThinkVision VOIP Modular Stack solution (which will retail for US$39 for the soundbar and US$129 for the webcam).
ThinkVision Solutions for Hybrid Working
The traditional office space is being redefined and the move to hybrid working is gathering pace. Users are looking for consistent technology that enables flexibility between office and home. ThinkVision is listening to customers and the new generation of P-series professional monitors have been designed with modular flexibility, digital wellness and sustainability in mind.
ThinkVision P27h-30 and P27q-30 are 4-side near edgeless bezel design, 27-inch QHD displays offering vivid color performance with calibrated color accuracy. Highlights include:
- 95% DCI-P3, 99% sRGB, BT.709 colors, and HDR10 support.
- Ergonomically the monitors are identical with fully adjustable stands and natural low blue light technology eases eye strain during those long working sessions.
- ThinkVision P27 series include sustainable paper packaging with pulp cushion.
- Connectivity is provided through multiple ports and the user experience is simplified with ThinkColour software for smart and easier monitor control.
The P27h-30 and P27q-30 differ in their target functionality, with the former being designed for a flexible working environment that requires rapid connection of laptop with a one-cable docking solution. Offering up to 100W power charging, ethernet, USB hub and multi-display capability, the plug-and-work (or play) P27h-30 is ideal for a home office and hot-desk environment and adds KVM10 switch capability for power-users to easily flip between PC inputs.
Both P-30 series monitors share a common video collaboration option. The ThinkVision VoIP Modular Stack provides a unique cableless conferencing solution featuring the new MC60 Monitor Webcam, MS30 Monitor Soundbar and a clever USB stand that plugs directly into a USB port on top of the P-30 series. One stack fulfils three scenarios depending on user needs:
- Modular Soundbar (MS30) with the USB stand for audio conferencing provides clear sound with dual 2-watt speakers and a security lock for physical protection
- Modular Webcam (MC60) with the USB stand provides a clear FHD video image including autofocus function and dual-array microphones with beamforming technology for noise cancellation. The MC60 can select a different field of view with 65-, 78- or 90-degree wide angle, and includes a privacy shutter.
- MC60 Webcam and MS30 Soundbar together with USB stand provides a cableless audio/video conferencing solution for home or office spaces.
Availability and Pricing:
▪ ThinkVision P27q-30 and P27h-30 will be available from July 2022, with an expected starting price of US$499 and US$599 respectively.
▪ ThinkVision VOIP Modular Stack solution will be available from June 2022, with an expected starting price for Soundbar of US$39 and Webcam of US$129.