CES 2016 | Lenovo anounces new ThinkPads T460s, T460, T560 and T460p
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
The ThinkPad T460s is a 14-inch notebook for mobile business users. It is 18.8 mm thin and weighs 1.36 kg. The notebook features a high-resolution WQHD display with a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels. You can select an Intel Core i model up to the Intel Core i7 vPro as processor. The T460s uses up to 24 GB of modern DDR4 RAM. With the Nvidia GeForce 930M, you can optionally select a dedicated graphics card.
The T460s provides three USB ports, full-size HDMI and LAN, and a mini-DisplayPort. The following options are available: a card reader, a WWAN module, WiGig, and a mechanical docking station, which can be attached to the underside of the notebook. As storage device you can select an SSD with up to 512 GB. The battery is said to last up to 10.5 hours. The ThinkPad T460s will be available from $1060 in February 2016.
- Only 3lbs and 18.8mm
- Up to 512GB PCIe SSD
- Optional LTE-A WWAN
- Up to 24GB DDR4 memory
- MilSpec tested
- WQHD display (2560x1440)
- Intel HD Graphics HD520; NVIDIA GeForce 930M
- Up to Intel 6th Gen Core i7 vPro
- 3 USBs, full size HDMI & LAN, mDP, Smart Card Reader(Opt), Touch Finger Print Reader(Opt), WWAN(Opt), WiGig(Opt) and bottom mechanical docking
- Up to 10.5 hours (48.8 Whr)
- Dimensions: 13.0 x 8.9 x .66 - .74 inch
The 14-inch ThinkPad T460 and the 15.6-inch ThinkPad T560 are mid-range business notebooks. The T560 excels with its especially high battery life of up to 16 hours. The battery of the ThinkPad T460 is said to last up to 14 hours. This would also be an excellent result if it can be proved by a test. The notebooks are heavier and cost less than the T460s.
Once again, customers have many options. Frugal Intel Core U processors of the sixth generation are responsible for performance. When it comes to the storage device, there are many options up to a 1 TB hard drive or a 512 GB SSD. The T560 model can optionally be equipped with a matte IPS display with a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, while the maximum resolution is 1920x1080 pixels for the 14-inch model. Touch support is an option, too. Both models feature a plethora of interfaces, among others a mini DisplayPort and HDMI. The T460 will be available from $910 and the T560 for $970. Both models will be launched in February.
- Intel 6th Gen Core U Processors, up to Core i7
- New PCIe SSD storage and 2GB vRam graphics option.
- Intel® Integrated or NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX
- Up to 32GB of memory
- Up to 1TB (5400rpm), 500GB (7200rpm), 512 SSD, PCIe SSD (265 GB)
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- Battery: T460: Up to 14 Hours (23 WHr + 72 WHr); T560: Up to 16 Hours (44 WHr + 72 WHr)
- Display: Up to 15.6" 3K (2560 x 1440) IPS, Anti-Glare, Anti-Smudge; 14" Up to FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare, Touch (optional)
- T460 (inches) : 13.35" x 9.15" x 0.83“, Starting at 3.8 lbs; Ports: RJ45, Docking, Mini DisplayPort™, HDMI™, SD Card Slot, Bluetooth® 4.1, Optional: Smart Card Reader, WiGig Docking
- T560 (inches) : 14.98" x 10.16" x 0.88“, Starting at 5 lbs; Ports: RJ45, Mini DisplayPort™, HDMI™, 4-in-1 Card Reader, Headphone / Microphone, Optional: Smart Card Reader, Fingerprint Reader
- 3 years warranty for 3 cell rear battery.
The ThinkPad T460p is a business notebook primarily designed for high performance. At 0.96 inches, it is quite slim for its segment. The replaceable battery is said to last up to twelve hours. The Intel Core processors of the H series, which are widespread in gaming notebooks, are responsible for high performance. The 14-inch device is optionally available with a WQHD IPS display with a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels.
The notebook supports up to 32 GB of DDR4 RAM. The connectivity includes three USB 3.0 ports, a mini DisplayPort, HDMI, RJ45, a card reader, and optionally a smart-card reader, a fingerprint reader, and a module for mobile Internet. The ThinkPad T460p will be available from $1250 in February 2016.
- Intel 6th Gen Core H Series Quad Core processors. Up to 1.7x the performance of U Series CPUs
- 13% Thinner and 15% lighter.
- Up to WQHD IPS display.
- 3 options DIMM with DDR4 supported.
- Corporate ready with docking and vPro.
- Up to 32GB DDR4 memory (2 DIMM)
- Up to 12 Hours (72WHr)
- I/O (Input/Output) Ports: 3 x USB 3.0 RJ45, Mini DisplayPort™ , HDMI™, 4-in-1 Card Reader, 3.5 mm Headphone / Microphone Smart Card Reader (optional) Touch Sensor Fingerprint Reader WWAN (optional)
- WLAN: Intel® Snowﬁeld Peak vPro™ (8260NGW M) + Bluetooth® 4.1, Intel® Snowﬁeld Peak WiFi 2 x 2 a/c Non-vPro™ (8260NGW MNV) + Bluetooth® 4.1, Broadcom® 2 x 2 a/c + Bluetooth® 4.1
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros