Vuzix Corporation announced earlier today the signing of a deal with Lenovo for the launch of the M100 smart glasses in China. The product will be co-branded by both companies and will be sold by Lenovo as part of its New Business Development (NBD) brand. The commercial name will be "Vuzix 100 Smart Glasses powered by Lenovo NBD."
According to the official press release, "The agreement between the companies calls for Vuzix to be the exclusive third party provider of smart glasses to Lenovo for the industrial and commercial markets in China and allows for the expansion into other geographical markets and products."
The device is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor and comes loaded with Android 4.0.4. Unfortunately, no other details about the M100 are available at this time but during CES 2014 it has been revealed that this wearable will also sport a 10 MP camera.
Vuzix M100 will go on sale in early September for roughly $1,300 USD but there is no information about pricing and availability in the US yet.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
Vuzix Signs Deal with Lenovo and Announces M100 Smart Glasses Product Launch into ChinaAward Winning M100 Gains Direct Access To Mainland China Through Relationship with World's Largest PC Manufacturer
- Amazon allegedly working on Alexa-enabled smart glasses News @ 09/21/2017
- Toshiba cancels WearVue smart glasses News @ 02/27/2016
- MWC 2016 | Epson unveils Moverio BT-300 smart glasses News @ 02/24/2016
- Google Glass Enterprise Edition details leak out News @ 07/09/2015
- Intel will power next-gen Google Glass smartglasses News @ 12/01/2014
- Toshiba Glass smartglasses prototype spotted in Japan News @ 10/08/2014
- Sony reveals SmartEyeglass SDK News @ 09/22/2014
- Google Glass to be made available to the public during special one day event News @ 04/10/2014
- Samsung “Galaxy Glass” smart glasses may launch in September News @ 01/27/2014