LG unveils the V10 premium smartphone
LG's long-awaited premium smartphone is finally official. Known as the V10, this Android handset comes with all the highlights mentioned by the rumors and leaks in the last few weeks - dual front-facing cameras, a secondary display along the top, not to mention its attractive design and sturdy build.
LG V10 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB eMMC internal storage and microSD support up to 2 TB
- Primary display: 5.7-inch IPS Quantum with 2,560X1,440 pixels and 513 ppi
- Secondary display: 2.1-inch UPS Quantum with 160X1,040 pixels and 513 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP dual lens with 120-degree wide angle on front, 16 MP with f/1.8 and OIS 2.0 on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 NFC, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.42 pounds; 6.28X3.12X0.34 inches
- Battery: 3,000 mAh (removable)
- Colors: space black, luxe white, modern beige, ocean blue, opal blue
The purpose of the secondary display is to show notifications, thus leaving more room for use on the main screen. Sometimes, it can also be employed by apps to provide various controls. At last, its "always on" mode allows the user to check notifications without starting the main display, increasing battery life.
The LG V10 should show up in New York during a special event later today, so maybe tomorrow we will know more about its availability and pricing. Stay tuned, we will get back to it as soon as possible.