LG G Flex is now official
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
The rumors concerning LG's upcoming flexible display smartphone are finally over - the South Korean company has just announced the LG G Flex in a press release. Unfortunately this press release is only available in Korean for now, but if any minor details may be missed, the main specs cannot be lost in translation.
The technical specs and features of the LG G Flex clearly suggest that the handset is based on the LG G2 flagship (it even has the power and volume buttons on the back):
- Processor: quad-core 2.26 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 6-inch HD curved plastic OLED touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels
- Camera: 13 MP back, 2.1 MP front
- Connectivity: LTE-A & LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0
- Operating system: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.39 pounds; 6.32X3.21X0.31-0.34 inches
- Battery: 3,500 mAh
Available in Titan Silver finish only, the LG G Flex also offers perfect sound quality for audiophiles (24-bit and 192 kHz playback) and the back of the display is built using a special scratch resistant material.
The handset will launch next month in South Korea but pricing and international availability are still unknown at this time.