Huawei Honor 5X launches in China
Handsets that feature fingerprint readers are usually mid-rangers or high-end devices, but the Huawei Honor 5X is not. This new smartphone of the Chinese company has a price that starts below $160 USD and features a fingerprint reader on the back, as well as decent specs and features.
Huawei Honor 5X packs the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC with Adreno 405 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB or 3 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP with dual LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, dual SIM dual standby, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android Lollipop
- Battery: 3000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support (50 percent charge in 30 minutes)
The second-generation fingerprint sensor of the Honor 5X can unlock it in less than 0.5 seconds. While the 2 GB version costs about $157 USD, the 3 GB one has a price of roughly $220 USD. There are no details regarding international availability and pricing for now.