HTC 10 is now official
After spending a long time in the rumor mill, the new HTC flagship is finally official and pre-orders have already started. According to its makers, the HTC 10 flagship "combines a world–class camera with gold–standard audio, bold new metal unibody design and unparalleled performance."
These are the specs and features of the HTC 10:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC with Adreno 530 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5.2-inch Super LCD multitouch capacitive with 2,560X1,440 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Cameras: 5 MP with OIS on the front, 12 MP with f/1.8, OIS, laser autofocus and dual-LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with WiFi Direct and DLNA, Bluetooth 4.2 with apt-X and A2DP, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Operating system: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.35 pounds; 5.74X2.83X0.35 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: embedded 3000 mAh lithium-ion with Quick Charge 3.0; up to 27 hours talk time and 456 hours standby on 3G
- Colors: carbon gray, topaz gold, glacier silver
The handset can shoot 4K video and record 24-bit audio, also featuring a 24-bit DAC And DSP with a standard headphone jack with 1 V out to deliver the best audio experience via high-end headphones. HTC 10 has an aluminum unibody case with a home button located below the screen that integrates a fingerprint scanner.
AT&T and T-Mobile are already taking pre-orders for $699.99 USD (unlocked version). According to the official HTC 10 page, the new flagship "will be available for Verizon Wireless and Sprint soon."