HP announces 16-inch ZBook Fury 16 G9 workstation laptops with Alder Lake-HX processors and professional Nvidia / AMD dGPUs
HP is updating the ZBook Fury workstation lineup with the latest high-end components, including Intel’s newly-released 55 W Alder Lake-HX processors coupled with powerful professional dGPUs from Nvidia and AMD. This year’s models also introduce display options with 16:10 aspect ratio and OLED technology.
The spec sheet does not mention which exact processor models will be available, but, judging from the RAM specs that include ECC and non-ECC variants, HP is expected to offer the Intel i9-12950HX, i7-12850HX and i5-12600HX models with ECC RAM support along with non-ECC models like the i9-12900HX, i7-12800HX and i5-12450HX. Maximum supported RAM capacity is 128 GB DDR5-4800 via 4 slots, while the storage can be configured to support up to 4 TB via the PCIe 4.0 lanes, plus up to 18 TB more via the PCIe 3.0 lanes. On the dGPU side, HP mentions professional models like the RTX A5500 and Radeon Pro W6600M.
As far as displays go, HP is offering two 16-inch FHD+ options and two 16-inch 4K options. Both FHD+ options have IPS panels with anti-glare treatment and 100% sRGB color gamut, but one is capped at 400 nits, while the other is HDR-ready with 1000 nits. The 4K options include an OLED touchscreen with 400 nits and 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, plus an IPS panel with 120 Hz refresh rate, 500 nits and 100% DCI-P3.
Other specs include:
- Bang & Olufsen stereo speakers
- 5 MP IR webcam with privacy shutter, Auto Frame focus and dual mics integrating DNN noise suppression
- Wi-Fi 6E + BT 5.2 + LTE Modem + 5G modem
- Security features: fingerprint reader, TPM 2.0 module, nano lock slot, Windows Secured Core
- Port selection: 2x Thunderbolt 4, 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, GbE jack, HDMI 2.1 + miniDP 2.0 video outputs, audio combo jack, SD card reader
- 29 mm (1.14 inches) chassis profile, 2.44 kg (5.4 lbs) minimum weight
- 95 Wh battery
Availability is scheduled for June, but pricing information is not mentioned.