General Mobile GM 5 launches with Android Nougat on board
General Mobile might not be a big name worldwide, but earlier this year they launched the most powerful Android One handset not long ago. Dubbed GM 5 Plus, that Qualcomm Snapdragon 617-powered handset now has just received a successor that hits the market as the first Android One device to come loaded with Android Nougat.
General Mobile GM 5 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch IPS 720p with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and 294 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP autofocus with dual LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 2,500 mAh
- Colors: gold, space gray, black
While the price is still unknown, Phone Arena says the handset will reach no less than 20 markets, including Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Iraq, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and Turkey. Unfortunately, the UK or the US are not on the list, but maybe they could get the GM 5 at a later time. After all, this handset looks like an interesting low-cost Nougat smartphone for those on a tight budget.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros