IFA 2013 | Fujitsu presents thin 13.3-inch notebooks Lifebook U554 and Lifebook U574
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Fujitsu made sure to increase their portfolio in time for the IFA 2013 in Berlin. We were able to get our hands on the two latest 13.3-inch notebooks of the Fujitsu Lifebook U series. The Fujitsu Lifebook U574 is their first ultrabook with touchscreen, and it is powered by an Intel Core i5-4200U. For the 18-millimeter thin Lifebook U554 you can choose between an Intel Core i5 4200U or an Intel Core i3-4010U. While the U554 can be purchased right now for €900, the Fujitsu Lifebook U574 will be available by the end of October for around €1,000.
The Fujitsu Lifebook U554 measures 322 x 225 x 17.5 millimeters and weighs about 1.5 kilograms. It offers an anti-glare 13.3-inch HD display with a resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels, optional internal 3G/UMTS, PXE boot capability for remote management and an optional TPM module plus Advanced Theft Protection. The battery is said to last up to 11 hours.
The Fujitsu Lifebook U574 Ultrabook has the same core components as the U554. However, it features an anti-glare 13.3-inch touchsreen (also at 1,366 x 768 pixels) and weighs a bit more (1.6 kg) while also being slightly thicker (19 mm).
The U574, much like the U554, can be ordered with various different HDDs or SSDs.
Technical specifications for Fujitsu Lifebook U554:
- Operating system: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7, Windows 7 Professional
- CPU: Intel Core i3 4010U or Intel Core i5 4200U
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400
- RAM (max): 8 GB, 1 memory slot, SO DIMM (DDR3, 1600 MHz) DDR3 - 1600 MHz
- Display: 13.3 inches, LED backlight, HD, anti-glare, 1,366 x 768 pixels, 220 cd/m²
- Storage: HDDs, SATA, 320 GB, 500 GB | SSHD 500 GB with 32 GB SSD cache | SSD up to 256 GB
- Interfaces:1 x DC-in, 1 x audio: line-out / headphone, 1 x internal microphones, 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI
via USB (with USB to LAN adapter - PXE Boot capable) 1 x Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 x Kensington Lock support, 1 x SIM card slot (only for models with integrated 3G/UMTS or 4G/LTE module), 1 x memory card slot
- Camera: built-in webcam, HD
- Battery life: up to 11 h
- Audiocodec: Realtek ALC283 (HD audio)
- Audio features: 2x built-in speakers (stereo), support of high-definition audio, DTS boost
- 3G/4G (optional): Sierra Wireless EM8805
- WLAN (optional): Intel Wireless-N 7260 2x2 BGN + BT
- LAN: USB to LAN (with USB to LAN adapter)
- Special features: spill-resistant keyboard
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 322 x 225 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.5 kg
Differing details for Fujitsu Lifebook U574:
- Display: 13.3 inches, LED backlight, HD, anti-glare, 1,366 x 768 pixels, 220 cd/m², touchscreen
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 322 x 225 x 19.5 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.6 kg
Fujitsu Lifebook U554: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/pc/notebooks-tablets/advanced/lifebook-u554/
Fujitsu Lifebook U574: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/pc/notebooks-tablets/advanced/lifebook-u574/