Blu launches Studio 7.0 handset
While other companies release 7 inch Android phablets or even "regular" tablets, US company Blu Products decided to advertise a 7-inch device as a smartphone. The Blu Studio 7.0 is, according to its makers, the first 7-inch smartphone in the world, although Samsung launched the Galaxy W already and advertised it as a 7-inch smartphone as well.
Blu Studio 7.0 does not feature 4G connectivity or a high-resolution display, as most large handsets currently on the market. These are its specs and features:
- Processor: 1.3 GHz dual-core with Mali 400 graphics (model not specified)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 7-inch capacitive touchscreen with 1,024X600 pixels and 169 ppi
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back with autofocus, LED flash, 30 fps Full HD video recording
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with hotspot capability, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Battery: lithium-ion 3000 mAh
- Colors: white, grey, blue, gold
This large Android KitKat handset can be purchased from Amazon.com, unlocked, for a price of $149.99 USD. Blu Studio 7.0 is fully compatible with any GSM network in the US so customers are free to choose their carrier.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros