Biostar announces world's first 8-Slot PCI-e mining motherboard
Ethereum might not be that mineable anymore, with the latest increase in difficulty and price reduction, but that does not mean there won’t be another GPU mineable cryptocurrency to take its place in the near future. As one of the companies that announced dedicated mining graphics cards earlier this month, Biostar is now looking to expand their mining hardware portfolio with the world’s first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard that supports up to 8 AMD or Nvidia graphics cards.
Biostar claims that the TB250-BTC+ motherboard is designed for DIY people who mine from home. Thus, the motherboard stays close to the safety limits of a continuous load rating for a typical 15amp household circuit, thanks to high quality capacitors and the proprietary Super Anti-Surge Protection. The PCB of the motherboard is moistureproof and Biostar also integrated the latest over current / voltage / heat protection system.
The list of specs includes:
• Intel B250 chipset that supports 6th and 7th generation LGA 1151 CPUs
• 2 x DDR4 DIMM memory slot, supporting dual channel DDR4 2400/ 2133/ 1866 MHz standards
• 1 x PCI-E x16 3.0 Slot
• 7 x PCI-E x1 3.0 Slot (these slots need special raisers to install the graphics cards; raisers are not included)
• 6 x SATA3 Connector
• 4 x USB 3.0 Port
• 1 x USB 3.0 Header
• 2 x USB 2.0 Port
• 2 x USB 2.0 Port(only 5V power, up to 1.5A)
• 2 x USB 2.0 Header
• Realtek RTL8111H - 10/100/1000 Controller
• Realtek ALC887 8-Channel HD Audio
• ATX Form Factor Dimension: 29.5cm x 21cm ( W x L )
Availability and price information has not yet been revealed by Biostar.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros