BQ Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition now shipping
The Ubuntu Linux-driven BQ Aquaris M10 tablet seems to be doing great, as the full HD variant is already sold out. After spending a few weeks in the pre-order stage, this 10.1-inch slate is now finally shipping. Unfortunately, those who did not place their orders for a full HD variant already can only choose to get the HD model at this time.
In case you missed this tablet so far, these are the specs and features of the BQ Aquaris M10 once again:
- Processor: MediaTek MT8163A with Mali-T720 MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB memory; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 10.1-inch full HD/HD multitouch with 1,920X1,200/1,280X800 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro HDMI, GPS
- Operating system: Ubuntu Linux 15.04
- Battery: embedded 7280 mAh lithium-polymer
- Color: black
According to Canonical, BQ Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition is the first device to deliver PC convergence. After connecting a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to it, as well as an external display, this slate can deliver a "full-sized PC experience."
Right now, the prices are about $315 USD for the FHD model and $260 USD for the HD variant. Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, only the last one is currently available.