Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition now up for pre-order
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Canonical seems to be on the right path with the BQ Aquaris M10 tablet. They unveiled this Ubuntu-powered slate back at MWC 2016 and promised to make it available this spring. Earlier today, they opened the pre-order period for the Aquaris M10, which is available in two versions. The main difference between them is the resolution offered by the 10.1-inch display, the rest of the specs being the same.
BQ Aquaris M10 HD/FHD have the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek MT8163A with Mali-T720 MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 10.1-inch full HD/HD multitouch with 1,920X1,200/1,280X800 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro HDMI, GPS
- Operating system: Ubuntu 15.04
- Battery: 7280 mAh lithium-polymer, embedded
- Color: black
For the time being, those interested can take advantage of the special launch offer which includes the tablet, a cover, and a protector. Deliveries are expected to begin in mid-April, while prices are about $335 USD for the FHD model and $290 USD for the HD variant. It might not be cheap considering the specs, but this is the first tablet in the world to use Ubuntu after all, as well as the first device to deliver PC convergence.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros