Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe (ZS570KL) receives Android Nougat
Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe (ZS570KL) finally gets the long-awaited Android Nougat update. Strange enough, Asus updated the lower-specced ZS550KL model first. However, that happened less than two weeks ago, so owners of the 5.7-inch ZenFone 3 Deluxe did not have to wait for too long.
These are the highlights of the new firmware as revealed by Asus in the official post about the update that has been published this Monday on the ZenTalk forum:
- Android Marshmallow to Nougat update (offers enhanced Doze mode, quick app switching, split-screen mode, customizable Quick Settings, improved notifications, support for more languages, and more)
- Asus Share Link app and PC Suite removed
- ZenUI upgrade
- Multiple-page support for Quick Settings
- NFC performance improvements
- Easy mode users get the default launcher after upgrading
Since the update should be similar to the one delivered earlier this month to the ZS550KL, the "ZenUI upgrade" should include the removal of the live wallpapers with compatibility issues and of the redundant app shortcuts. The ShakeShake feature was also removed from the ZS550KL, so they probably removed it from the firmware of its larger sibling as well.
According to Asus, "it takes about one week for the system to complete the autopush," but those in a hurry can update manually via Settings>About phone>System update.