Apple unveils 9.7-inch iPad Pro
The new iPad Pro has been in the rumor mill for a while, although it first was expected to launch as the iPad Air 3. If we leave this part aside, it turns out that most rumors were true, especially those recent ones concerning the specs and pricing of this new slate.
The 9.7-inch iPad Pro inherits specs and features from both the 12.9-inch iPad Pro and the iPad Air 2, as it uses the same A9X processor as the first while its dimensions are identical to the second one. However, it also has improved cameras, as you can see below:
- Processor: 64-bit A9X SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32, 128, or 256 GB
- Display: 9.7-inch with 2,048X1,536 pixels and True Tone technology
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 12 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Apple SIM embedded chip
- Operating system: iOS 9.3
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.96 pounds; 6.6X9.4X0.24 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 27.5 Wh; 10 hours (estimated)
- Colors: silver, gold, space gray, rose gold
WiFi models start at $599 USD while the WiFi+cellular models begin at $200 USD more. The Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard will be available separately. Pre-orders begin on March 24th and shipments will start one week later, same as for the iPhone SE.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros