Apple launches first fanless MacBook
Apple refreshed the MacBook yesterday and this new ultrabook weighs just two pounds and is 0.52 inches thin. Thanks to the new Intel Broadwell processor, the new MacBook is the first one of its kind to feature a fanless design. Even more, the official press release highlights the fact that, "for the first time, MacBook is available in three gorgeous aluminum finishes—gold, silver and space gray."
Apple MacBook now starts at $1,299 USD and has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.1 GHz, 1.2 GHz or 1.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core M with Intel HD Graphics 5300
- Memory/Storage: 8 GB RAM; up to 512 GB internal flash storage
- Display: 12-inch LED-backlit Retina with 2,304X1,440 pixels
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0, USB-C with support for charging, USB 3.1 Gen 1 transfers up to 5 Gbps, VGA and HDMI output with external adapters (sold separately)
- Operating system: OS X Yosemite
- Autonomy: up to 9 hours Web surfing on WiFi or 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Weight/Thickness: 2.03 pounds; 0.14 inches to 0.52 inches
The new MacBook also features a 480p FaceTime camera, Force Touch trackpad, full-size backlit keyboard with butterfly mechanism. The entry-level configuration has a 1.1 GHz processor and 256 GB internal storage while a more powerful setup with 1.2 GHz processor and 512 GB internal storage will start at $1,599 USD. Both will pack 8 GB of memory.
As usual, the MacBook is covered by 90 days of free telephone support, as well as a one-year limited warranty. According to Apple, the ultrabook will hit the market Friday, April 10 via Apple's retail stores and online store, as well as select authorized resellers.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros