Toshiba's first Chromebook is now available in the US
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Toshiba did not release any Chrome OS-powered device in the past but now it finally enters this market in style thanks to the world's first 13.3-inch Chromebook. The Haswell-powered Toshiba Chromebook was announced a month ago and was expected to become available on the 16th of February. Fortunately for those interested, this notebook can be already pre-ordered from Amazon UK and US, as well as from Toshiba's own online store.
"Sleek, lightweight and always up to date", Toshiba's Chromebook has the following technical specs and features:
- Processor: Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4 GHz with Intel HD graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB DDR3 RAM; 16 GB SSD and 100 GB Google Drive cloud storage
- Display: 13.3-inch HD TruBrite LED backlit with 1,366X768 pixels
- Connectivity: dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 2XUSB 3.0, HDMI, memory card reader
- Operating system: Google Chrome OS
- Weight/Dimensions: 3.3 pounds; 8.90X12.90X0.80 inches
This first Chromebook from Toshiba comes in a brushed shiny silver finish and its 4-cell, 54 Whr Li-ion battery can provide an autonomy of up to 9 hours. Amazon's pre-order price is $279 for the US and £249 for UK. First units are expected to ship on February 10 in the UK and "within 2 to 4 weeks" in the US.