MWC 2014 | HP announces the ProPad 600 Windows tablet
HP is filling out its tablet line. The PC giant announced two new business Windows tablets ahead of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this year – the ElitePad 1000 G2 and the ProPad 600.
The 600 is the latest in a series of fanless, Bay Trail powered tablets to hit the market over the past months, and looks to be a direct competitor for the likes of the Dell Venue 11 Pro. It features respectable specs including a 10.1-inch Full HD display, Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office Home and Student, 32 or 64 GB of expandable memory, and a large battery that promises to offer up to 8.5 hours of video playback, all in a device that weighs only 652 grams or 1.44 pounds (slightly lighter than an iPad 4).
HP is also launching a wide range of accessories for the tablet, starting with a docking station and even a point of sale dock (TX1).
The ProPad 600 is expected to launch in April of this year. Prices have not yet been announced.
Other specs include:
• Windows Pro 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• a 1.46 GHz Intel Atom™ Z3775 quad-core Processor (32-bit) or a 1.6 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3795 Processor (64-bit)
• 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200) display with Corning Gorilla Glass
• 2 or 4 GB RAM
• 32 GB or 64 GB of internal memory
• microSD slot (up to 32 GB cards)
• 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi (Miracast Compatible)
• Bluetooth 4.0
• Stereo speakers
• 8380 mAh lithium-polymer battery
• 2 MP Front-facing camera and 8 MP back-facing camera
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: