MWC 2014 | HP announces the ElitePad 1000 G2
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Along with the ProPad 600, HP is launching a new premium Windows tablet for its ElitePad line – the ElitePad 1000 G2. The new mobile gadget offers enterprise level specs that clearly set it above previous HP devices.
At first glance, the ProPad and ElitePad are surprisingly similar (same size, screen resolution, Bay Trail CPU...), but the 1000 G2 takes the idea one step further with top tier features such as dual-band wifi, DTS Sound, Gorilla Glass 3, optional 4G LTE compatibility, and even a MIL-STD 810G frame.
HP is also launching a wide range of accessories to customize the device. Most notable among them are the Smart Jackets which include an Expansion Jacket with more ports and a secondary battery, a Productivity Jacket with a built-in keyboard, and a Security Jacket with enhanced user authentication and a fingerprint reader.
The HP ElitePad 1000 G2 is expected to be available in March starting at US$739.
Other specs include:
• Windows Pro 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
• 1.6 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3795 Processor (64-bit)
• 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
• 4 GB RAM • 64 GB or 128 GB of internal memory
• microSD slot (Supports microSDXC cards up to 2TB)
• 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi (Miracast Compatible)
• Bluetooth 4.0
• Stereo speakers and dual microphones
• 2 MP Front-facing camera and 8 MP back-facing camera
• Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
• Weight 680 grams (1.5 pounds)