Xiaomi to launch Mi4 Android smartphone on July 29
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Xiaomi will not enter the US market during 2014, but they have just announced a new smartphone with high-end features that can easily compete with Samsung Galaxy S5 or HTC One M8 for almost half their price. The Xiaomi Mi4 will be the company's first handset to feature 4G LTE support and is expected to hit the Chinese market on July 29.
The handset is also the first Xiaomi smartphone to have a stainless steel frame design, but with front and back panels made out of plastic. These are its main specs and features:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Display: 5-inch full HD Sharp / JDI OGS full lamination with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16 GB or 64 GB eMMC internal storage
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 13 MP back with Sony stacked CMOS sensor
- Conectivity: 4G LTE, GSM and HSPA, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0, FM Radio, GPS
- Operating System: MIUI v6, based on Android KitKat
- Battery: 3,080 mAh Lithium-ion polymer
Xiaomi Mi4 will cost $320 USD (16 GB version) and $400 USD (64 GB version) at launch. Unfortunately, worldwide availability and pricing are not known yet.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros