Verizon Galaxy S5 gets Android 5.0 Lollipop update
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
After a pretty long wait, Verizon Wireless finally releases the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 handsets connected to its network. This move makes Verizon the first major carrier in the United States to deliver the Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
As the official update page shows, the new software version is LRX21T.G900VVRU1BNLC and packs the following highlights:
- Material Design UI - fluid animations, vivid-colored themes, as well as 3D views
- TouchWiz - brighter look and feel directly inspired by Google's Material Design
- Lock Screen - Phone and Camera shortcuts, Material Design-style notifications, music control as a card
- Interruptions - more powerful sound settings control options
- Easy access to Chrome tabs from the Recent apps page
- Multi-window icons for enhanced usability while multi-tasking
Since this software update has just been unleashed, some users may have to wait a few days until Android 5.0 Lollipop reaches their Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones. Detailed information about the update process can be found here.