Unannounced Intel Coffee Lake CPUs pop up on Provantage
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
The first gen 8 Coffee Lake desktop CPU models from Intel were released back in October last year, and, as stocks began to pile up at online retailers through the Holiday season and the first month of 2018, Intel finally managed to outsell AMD’s Ryzen CPUs for the first time since mid-2017. However, a recent leak shows that there are at least 8 unannounced Coffee Lake desktop models that can already be purchased online from Provantage. The leaked models include 3 Core, 3 Pentium Gold and 2 Celeron CPUs with prices ranging from US$220 to US$51.
The price and specs list is as follows:
• Core i5 8600 – 6-core/6-thread, 3.1 GHz default clock, US$220
• Core i5 8500 – 6-core/6-thred, 3.0 GHz default clock, US$200
• Core i3 8300 – 4-core/4-thread, 3.7 GHz default clock, US$135
• Pentium Gold G5600 – 2-core/4-thread, 3.9 GHz default clock, US$93
• Pentium Gold G5500 – 2-core/4-thread, 3.8 GHz default clock, US$83
• Pentium Gold G5400 – 2-core/4-thread, 3.7 GHz default clock, US$73
• Celeron G4920 – 2-core/2-thread, 3.2 GHz default clock, US$62
• Celeron G4900 – 2-core/2-thread, 3.1 GHz default clock, US$51
The new i5s will help Intel consolidate the mid-range sector, which is currently dominated by AMD’s Ryzen 5 1600/1600X models. The i3 8300 is only 100 MHz faster than the i3 8100 for an additional US$10 and will probably not influence the situation for the entry-level side of the Core family too much. As for the Pentium and Celeron models, due to their high base clocks, these could turn out to be solid budget gaming and media solutions.
Provantage lists all but the Pentium Gold G5400 as available, but the stock is quite limited.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros