Turing Phone reservations now open
Although a smartphone backed by claims of being unhackable may seem unreal, the Turing Phone can be finally reserved by those interested. Turing Robotics Industries, its makers, missed the date of 31 July when pre-orders were expected to open, but not by far. This secure Android smartphone has powerful hardware and comes in three storage options, its liquidmetal alloy body also offering three color options.
The Turing Phone comes with the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16/64/128 GB eMMC internal storage and no microSD slot
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 13 MP back with dual flash and HDR
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, GPS with GLONASS
- Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro/compass, proximity, light, temperature, humidity
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Turing Æmæth UI
- Battery: lithium-ion 3000 mAh (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 5.97X3.04X0.36 inches
While the above may not be exactly high-end specs, they are more than respectable and top-of-the-line in the rugged, secure smartphone market. Given its exclusive security-focused features, the Turing Phone does not come cheap: the 16 GB version will cost $610 USD while the 64 GB and 128 GB versions will retail for $740 USD and $870 USD. Reserving one does not require any payment, as this process is done in a "keep me notified" approach and nothing more. Unfortunately, the shipment date is unknown for the time being, but we will keep you posted.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros