The new Moto E rolls out
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Motorola launched the Moto E last year and this handset proved to be an excellent pure Android smartphone for budget-conscious users. Now the second generation rolls out, bringing extended storage, faster connectivity and a more powerful processor, as well as a slightly larger screen. The new Moto E comes in two variants - one with 4G LTE and another that only has 3G network connectivity, but also a lower price.
These are the highlights of the second-gen Motorola Moto E:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 or 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (for the LTE variant)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 4.5-inch qHD multitouch with 540X960 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 5 MP rear with autofocus and HDR, but no flash
- Connectivity: 3G or 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, micro USB, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Battery: 2390 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.32 pounds; 5.11X2.63X0.48 inches
- Colors: black, white
Unlike the first generation, the updated Motorola Moto E only comes in single SIM variants. The 3G-only Moto E retails in the US for $119.99 USD while the 4G LTE model costs $149.99 USD. They both can be purchased unlocked from www.motorola.com.