Super Talent launches SJ2 mSATA SSD
San Jose, California-based Super Talent Technology unveiled yesterday a new NAND Flash storage solution for the industrial and embedded markets, namely the SJ2 mSATA solid state drive. Capacities available range between 16 GB and 128 GB, while all these variants are fully compliant with both the SATA-II and SATA-III standards.
Super Talent SJ2 drives have the following technical specs:
- Form factor - mini PCIe
- NAND flash - MLC
- Capacities - 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB
- Interface - SATA-III (fully compatible with SATA-II)
- Access time - 0.2 ms
- Read speed - up to 480 MB/s
- Write speed - up to 160 MB/s
- Power supply - 3.3 V +/- 5%
- Dimensions - 2X1.17X0.14 inches
- Operating shock/vibration - 1500 G; 16 G
While this drive is not available for the consumer market, the first devices to use it may show up soon. According to the official press release, Super Talent SJ2's range of applications includes "aerospace, casino gaming, embedded systems and the medical industry."