Samsung officially announces Gear Fit2 Pro, reveals Gear Sport and Gear IconX (2018)
Rumors and leaks about the Gear Fit2 Pro GPS fitness band specs have been circulating around the net for more than a week now, so the official IFA 2017 announcement from Samsung comes only as a confirmation. In order to keep things exciting, though, Samsung also revealed the Gear Sport smartwatch and the Gear IconX (2018 model) cordless earbuds.
The Gear Sport smartwatch features proofing specs similar to those found in the Gear Fit2 Pro, with 5 ATM resistance (50m depth of pressure) and a MIL-STD-810G rating that offers protection against salt water, sand, dust, UV light and shocks. Speaking of shocks, the front glass cover made of Gorilla Glass 3, while the case is stainless steel. According to the Samsung press release, the watch includes Gear foundational functions such as:
- control of Samsung Internet-of-Things-enabled devices through Samsung Connect
- acts as a remote control, whether for a PowerPoint presentation or Samsung Gear VR headset
- payment for goods with a flick of the wrist via Samsung Pay (NFC Only)
Other features include:
• 1.2-inch curcular Super AMOLED display with 360 x 360 resolution and 302 ppi
• dual-core 1.0 GHz CPU
• 768 MB RAM
• 4 GB internal storage
• 300 mAh battery
• accelerometer, gyro, barometer, heart rate monitor, ambient light sensor
• wireless charging
• 20 mm straps
• 1.7 oz weight (without the straps)
• Android 4.3 / iOS 9.0 or later compatibility
Moving to the IconX earbuds, Samsung upped the battery life to 5 h (7 h in standalone mode) for Bluetooth streaming music or 4 h of talk time with Bixby integration. Each earbud weighs 0.28 oz and comes with 4 GB of storage plus an 82 mAh battery. The earbuds come in black, gray and pink colors, and are covered with a capacitive material that enables gesture support: single/double/tripe tap, single/double tap and hold, and swipe up/down. There is also a charging case with quick charging features. Samsung claims 10 minutes of charge time would provide enough energy so the earbuds could work for around 1 hour.
No word on pricing for the time being.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros