While the new Samsung Galaxy S5 may come for a price considered to be pretty high by many consumers, the South Korean phone maker does not only deliver the handset for its price. The company has just announced a collaboration with 16 world leaders in mobile content and services that will bring "more than $600 worth of exclusive, pre-paid and discounted subscriptions" to new Galaxy S5 users, continuing a program that began last year and rewarded Galaxy S4 buyers.
Unfortunately, there are no hardware accessories in the package and some subscriptions only last for up to 6 months, as you can see below:
- 1 year premium service/subscription - RunKeeper, Lark, Bloomberg Businessweek+, Evernote (3 months to one year, depending on location)
- 6 months service/subscription - EasilyDo Pro, Box (free 50 GB for 6 months and $60 value), Skimble, MapMyFitness, Wall Street Journal
- Vouchers/free credits - $50 on PayPal merchants, $10 game credits for Cut the Rope 2, Flick Dat free download worth $2, $5 Blurb coupon
- 3 months service/subscription - LinkedIn Premium account, 1 TB Bitcasa storage
Most of the services mentioned above are focused on health and fitness (RunKeeper, Lark, MapMyFitness, Skimble), as well as data sharing/backup (Box, Bitcasa, Dropbox - not mentioned above, since it offers 50 GB for 2 years, a $100 value).
Depending on carrier and region, some of these bonuses may not be available, but that remains to be seen. We will keep you posted as first US carriers reveal their Galaxy S5-related plans and promotions.
Samsung Unveils Comprehensive, Lifestyle-Focused Galaxy Gifts Package for Next Generation Galaxy S5
March 10, 2014
New content offering includes a wide collection of premium mobile services and tools designed to enhance the lives of users, free of charge
Seoul, Korea – March 10, 2014 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced its collaboration with 16 of the world’s leading mobile content and service providers to offer Galaxy S5 users more than $600 worth of exclusive, pre-paid and discounted subscriptions. From fitness to news to productivity apps, the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with meaningful rewards, to make the Galaxy S5 experience even more enjoyable and productive.
“We are continually looking for the best partners to help us expand and enhance the mobile experience for our dedicated users,” said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics. “The Galaxy S5 was designed to offer consumers the most advanced tool to help improve their everyday lives. These new partnerships perfectly compliment this mission with a comprehensive offering of some of the world’s best mobile resources to suit people’s active lives.”
Designed for what matters most to consumers, the Galaxy S5 is redefining how technology innovation enhances everyday life by providing a refined experience focused on the most essential features for day-to-day use. Samsung’s Galaxy S5 combines an advanced camera, the fastest network connectivity, dedicated fitness tools and enhanced device protection features so consumers can stay fit and connected in style.
Content Gifts Offered Benefit and Availability
1 year free premium service
6 months free premium service
6 months free premium service
1 year premium service
$50 voucher on PayPal merchants
Wall Street Journal
Free 6 month subscription to Wall Street Journal
Free Subscription: 12 Months
Free LinkedIn Premium account for 3 months
Cut the Rope 2
$10 in game credits
Free download of $2 paid app
Free 50 GB for 6 months and $60 value
50GB for 2 years, $100 value
1TB storage for 3 months
Free $5 Coupon
6 months free EasilyDo Pro
3-12 month free subscription (dependent on country)
More about our partners:
• RunKeeper: Turn your Galaxy S5 into a personal trainer in your pocket. Track your fitness activities and share with
friends. Measure your performance over time. Galaxy S5 users can get free 1-year membership to RunKeeper Elite.
“Millions of people around the world count on RunKeeper for guidance and motivation around their fitness,” said Jake
Cacciapaglia, Director of Business Development at RunKeeper. “RunKeeper's partnership with Samsung provides
users access to live activity broadcasting and deeper insights around their fitness. We’re excited to work together with
Samsung to improve the lives of Galaxy S5 users by helping them get and stay fit.”
• MapMyFitness: Built to help runners, joggers, and walkers of all ability levels and ages. Easily track pace, distance,
calories, time with audio alerts and much more. Track running, cycling, and more than 600 types of other activities.
Galaxy S5 users can get Free 6 months MVP access and no ads.
"The MapMyFitness MVP service provides unlocked features and premium training tools, allowing our members
worldwide to train smarter and reach their goals," said Robin Thurston, President at MapMyFitness. "Along with the
existing news content, task management and social tools available in Galaxy Gifts, MapMyFitness is excited to offer
a top-quality fitness subscription and round out the complete mobile experience."
• Skimble: Workout Trainer provides 1000’s of multimedia workouts led by expert coaches. Workouts come equipped
with dynamic, move-by-move video, photo, and text instructions. Galaxy S5 users can enjoy 6 months free Pro+
premium membership experience.
“People want to live an active lifestyle but often lack guidance, motivation, and time," said Maria Ly, co-founder and
CEO of Skimble. "Samsung and Skimble are putting fitness at the forefront by partnering together and turning the
Galaxy S5 into a dynamic personal trainer that does (most of) the heavy lifting for you. New Workout Trainer users
signed up from a Galaxy S5 with Samsung Apps can enjoy a 6-month free Pro+ membership experience. Moreover,
Workout Trainer seamlessly integrates with Samsung's S Health™ platform.”
• Lark: Lark, your Personal Wellness Assistant, provides easy, personalized recommendations on how to be fitter
and healthier, simply based on S5’s low-power sensors. Samsung Galaxy S5 users will get access to 12 free months
of lark's premium health and wellness service application.
“The Samsung Galaxy S5 and Lark’s Personal Assistant for Health and Wellness will change the way the world views
their smart phone,” said Julia Hu, Lark’s founder and CEO. “The new Galaxy S5 is no longer just a communication
device but a highly personalized lifestyle companion powered with services like Lark to support users as they improve
their everyday lives.”
• Paypal**: Get the best mobile shopping experience on your Galaxy S5 and enjoy special offers from your favorite
stores when you pay with PayPal.
"With millions of people using PayPal to shop on mobile devices, it's more important than ever to make mobile
shopping easy, frictionless and secure," said David Marcus, President of PayPal. “Fingerprint authentication
capabilities on mobile devices means that consumers no longer need to sacrifice security for convenience.
The Galaxy S5 implementation enables PayPal customers to shop at millions of merchants with a simple swipe of
the finger. It's one of the most seamless payment experiences on a mobile device today.”
• Wall Street Journal: The Wall Street Journal. The News you want. The insight you need. Unparalleled financial,
business and world news 24/7. Galaxy S5 offers free 6-months full access for FREE.
“This partnership is excellent news for Samsung customers, who will get the breadth and depth of The Wall Street
Journal’s agenda-setting journalism from markets to marketing, sport to style and reviews to real estate when
they buy products from the new Samsung line. This is an innovative offer from two innovative companies.”
• Bloomberg Businessweek+: Get fresh perspectives on business news and market trends along with exclusive
content and interactive features. Get 1 year for free with Galaxy S5
"Read Bloomberg Businessweek+ weekly for a fresh perspective on global business news and market trends along
with exclusive content and interactive features that enrich the reading experience," said Andy Lack, Chairman,
Bloomberg Media Group. “Download the FREE app on your Samsung device and get your first year of Bloomberg
• LinkedIn: The GALAXY S5 includes integration with LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with more than
277 million members worldwide. The new Galaxy S5 lets people bring LinkedIn into the phonesnative Contacts,
Email and Calendar applications. Galaxy S5 users will get access to three months of LinkedIn Premium – Business.
“LinkedIn members are getting work done on their mobile devices, so we need to be there too. That is why we're
excited to put the power of LinkedIn in the pockets of Samsung Galaxy S5 owners," said Bob Rosin, LinkedIn's
vice president of business development. "The integration of LinkedIn into Samsung's new Galaxy S5 smartphone will
help people be better prepared for their work day. When you connect the new Galaxy S5 with your LinkedIn account,
you will see useful content, such as the profile photo, headline, job title, and company information about people you
are connecting with and meeting during the day directly inside the native email, calendar, and contacts apps of the
• Cut the Rope 2: Cut the rope to feed candy to little monster Om Nom®! More than 400 million downloads around the
world of this phenomenal puzzle game. You can earn free $10 game credit with Galaxy S5.
“Hundreds of millions of fans around the world love Cut the Rope. The latest and greatest of Cut the Rope with the latest
and greatest of Samsung Galaxy S are a great combination,” said CEO MishaLyalin. “Cut the Rope 2 on Samsung
Galaxy S5 is an enhanced cutting edge experience for the players. Samsung is offering Samsung Gift pack with an
abundance of free offers and we are pleased to offer free in-app credits as part of the Gift Pack.”
• Flick Dat: A fun, easy and productive way to create and share contacts with a simple flick gesture. Users can turn all of
their contacts into stylized business cards ready to view or share via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Galaxy S5 users will never run
out of business cards!
"In this world of high tech with driverless cars and 3D printing it's surprising that the exchanging of paper business
cards is still the norm... until now,” said actor Damon Wayans. “Flick Dat is excited to team up with Samsung to solve
this simple archaic problem on the new galaxy S5. As soon as the Flick Dat app is launched your personalized
business card is at the ready to be shared. It's simple as click pick and flick."
• Box: Box makes it easy to access and edit your files, share content and stay connected with your team from anywhere
on Galaxy S5 devices.
"Box empowers 225,000 businesses and 25 million users to share content and collaborate no matter where they are,"
said David Still, vice president of Mobile Products at Box. “By partnering with Samsung, Box will provide an elegant,
intuitive and secure platform that enables individuals and businesses to be productive from their Samsung S5 device.."
• Bitcasa: Bitcasa allows users to store, share, backup and stream an unlimited amount of data in a secure cloud.
Galaxy S5 users can enjoy three months of free Bitcasa 1TB storage.
"With digital content growing at an amazing pace consumers need a safe place to store all their photos, videos and
movies that is easy and offers accessibility on any device,” said Brian Taptich, CEO of Bitcasa. “Our partnership with
Samsung gives GALAXY NotePRO and TabPRO users a premium mobile platform with an added secure storage
layer designed for today’s digital lifestyle.”
• Dropbox: Dropbox simplifies the work and personal lives of millions of people by letting them bring their documents,
photos, and videos anywhere and share them easily. The service is used by more than 200 million people and
4 million businesses, with over 1 billion files saved per day. Dropbox offers 50 GB of space for two years with the new
Samsung Galaxy S5.
“We’re excited to continue expanding our long-standing partnership with Samsung by introducing even more
integrations on the Samsung Galaxy S5,” said Christine Moon, head of mobile partnerships and devices at
Dropbox. “Now Samsung Galaxy S5 users around the world can benefit from the peace of mind and convenience of
having key application content and their most important files at their fingertips via Dropbox."
• Blurb: Blurb offers creative self-publishing that enables you to create a mobile book. You now get a $5 coupon to
create your own professional-quality printed photo book.
“This continued partnership between Blurb and Samsung highlights both companies’ commitment to creativity and
self-expression,” said Blurb founder and CEO, Eileen Gittins. “With large, high-definition screen, Samsung’s Galaxy S5
serves as the optimal medium to bring our user’s stories to life.”
• EasilyDo Pro: EasilyDo Pro helps you manage time efficiently on a large, clear screen. Galaxy S5 users get free
EasilyDo Pro for 6 months.
“EasilyDo makes sure you never miss anything on your Samsung Galaxy S5. The app proactively reminds you of
birthdays, checks traffic, notifies you about bad weather, tracks packages, organizes contacts, and more! With the
Multi Window and Air View features, managing commitments and responsibilities is easy on the large, clear screen,
all by hovering and swiping over the device."
• Evernote**: Stay organized, save ideas and improve productivity with Evernote. Galaxy S5 users get free Evernote
Premium free for 3 months.
“Being productive today means being organized and working effectively no matter where you are and across every
screen you've got,” said Won Park, Director of Partnerships at Evernote. “We are excited to help people do just
that by bringing the Evernote Premium experience to the industry-leading Samsung Galaxy S5 with this partnership.”
For more information about the Galaxy S5, please visit http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/.
**The services listed above may not be available in all regions and features may vary by region. Also, service provider may change the name and/or value of its application at any time. Restrictions may also apply. Please visit for more detail about the offer www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys5/galaxygifts.html
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 remains the most popular Samsung handset in the US News @ 04/18/2017
- Samsung intros gifts package for Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ News @ 09/18/2015
- Samsung unveils gifts package for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge News @ 04/28/2015
- Samsung reveals gifts package for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge News @ 11/06/2014
- Galaxy S5 expected at Staples on the 20th of April News @ 04/17/2014
- Free Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon Wireless News @ 04/06/2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo leaks online News @ 03/10/2014
- Samsung launches Milk Music streaming service News @ 03/08/2014
- Verizon introduces the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro LTE News @ 03/07/2014
- Samsung plans a Galaxy S5 with octa-core processor News @ 02/26/2014
- 5.1" Galaxy S5 introduced with fingerprint scanner and 16MP camera News @ 02/24/2014