IFA 2015 | Samsung announces Gear S2 smartwatch
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
German-English-Translator - Details here
After a long time in the rumor mill and a few official teasers, a new iteration of Samsung's smartwatch has been finally unveiled. Samsung claims the Gear S2 is "a result of many years of progressive innovation in the wearables category." This smart wearable has a circular design with a unique rotating bezel, as well as Home and Back buttons.
The two different design options are Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic. While the second has a black finish and a genuine leather band, the first one targets "those who are on-the-go and have an admiration for minimal and modern design." These are the specs and features of the Samsung Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 3250 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 for the 3G version)
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM; 4 GB internal storage
- Display: 1.2-inch full circular sAMOLED with 360X360 pixels and 302 ppi
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Operating system: Tizen OS
- Battery: 250 mAh for BT versions, 300 mAh for Samsung Gear S2 3G
- Colors: black with leather band for Gear S2 classic, dark gray case and band or silver case with white band for the others
All the new Samsung Gear S2 wearables have been IP68 certified for protection from the elements and feature wireless charging, promising up to 3 days of autonomy. Although Samsung mentioned a 1 GHz dual-core processor for all Gear S2 models, the official product page claims the 3G version is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 that usually runs at 1.2 GHz.
The new Gear smartwatches will be shown at IFA 2015 starting tomorrow. Pricing and availability details have not been unveiled yet.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros