Samsung Galaxy A9 now official in China
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
After months in the rumor mill, the Samsung Galaxy A9 phablet is finally official. Unfortunately, this 6-inch Android Lollipop-powered device has only been unveiled in China, and there is no information on its international availability and pricing yet.
Samsung Galaxy A9 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (formerly known as Snapdragon 620)
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 6-inch Super AMOLED multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front and 13 MP back with f/1.9 and OIS
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, microUSB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop (Android 6.0 Marshmallow update expected soon)
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 2.0
Although the Galaxy A9 is not a top-tier handset, it comes with a fingerprint reader and will probably get Samsung Pay support as well. Its price in China should be around $460 USD. We will get back to it as soon as Samsung announces it for the rest of the world, probably in January at CES.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros