Samsung Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3 coming next month
Samsung Galaxy A7 appeared on GFXBench earlier this week but did not get officially confirmed yet. Today, Samsung unveils the Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3 instead. These two new Android smartphones are Samsung's slimmest to date, feature full metal unibody designs and have been optimized for social networking so "young consumers can express themselves in greater style."
Samsung Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3 have similar features, the main difference being the screen size. These are their highlights:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core (no brand and model specified)
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM for A5, 1 GB RAM for A3; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5-inch Super AMOLED HD (A5); 4.5-inch Super AMOLED qHD (A3)
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP rear (A5); 5 MP front, 8 MP rear (A3)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (A5, A3 does not have 802.11 a), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Battery: 2300 mAh (A5); 1900 mAh (A3)
The Samsung Galaxy A5 is 0.26 inches thick, while the A3 has a thickness of 0.27 inches. According to the official press release, both "will be available in select markets including China starting in November 2014." We will get back to them next month.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here