Razer Nabu smartband launches tomorrow
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Razer is notorious for its premium gaming peripherals, but the San Diego-based company also launched a few laptops and tablets. Back in January at CES 2014, they unveiled the Nabu smartband, a two-screen crossover between an activity tracker and a smartwatch. While it needed almost a year to reach the market, now it is finally official - Razer Nabu goes on sale in the US tomorrow for $99.99 USD.
The Razer Nabu smartband has the following highlights:
- Displays: 128X32 pixels private message screen and 32X32 pixels notification display (on a side), both using OLED technology
- Compatibility: iOS (iPhone 5 and up) and Android 4.3+ devices, via Bluetooth LE
- Sensors: accelerometer, cylindrical vibration motor
- Protection: IP54 water resistance, anti-glare coating, scratch and shatter resistant displays
- Battery life: 5 to 7 days
- Software: Nabu Utility for customization, Nabu Fitness for logging and monitoring data, various third-party apps
- Sizes: small-medium and medium-large
- Colors: black, white, orange, green
According to the official press release, "an early batch of 5000 Nabu units will be made available to them for pre-order via Insider, Razer’s newly launched community platform." Nabu Beta testers who signed up for the program before September can pick their units for $79.99 USD tomorrow while the regular price is available for the smartbands sold via Razer's online store.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros