Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 will power quite a few handsets in 2018
Qualcomm unveiled the Snapdragon 845 processor less than a month ago, and now we already have a rather long list of handsets that are expected to hit the market by the end of 2018 with it onboard. Compared to its predecessor, the Snapdragon 845 provides better speed, increased autonomy, Gigabit LTE support, and more.
According to a roadmap that was recently shared on the popular Chinese social network Weibo, these are the main Snapdragon 845-powered flagships that we should get ready to see next year:
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, LG G7, LG G7+ (February)
- Xiaomi Mi 7 (April)
- HTC U12 (May)
- OnePlus 6, Sony Xperia XZ Pro, ZTE Nubia Z18 (June)
- Nokia 10 (August)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, LG V40, Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 (September)
- Google Pixel 3/3 XL, Sony Xperia XZ2, HTC U12+, ZTE Nubia Z18S (October)
- Moto Z (2019) (November)
- OnePlus 6T, Samsung W2019 (December)
Obviously, some of the handsets listed above might end up with other processors, or--as it happens with the Galaxy flagships--the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845-powered variants will also be accompanied by localized versions with other processors. All in all, 2018 will be a very interesting year for the mobile industry. We can only hope that Qualcomm can manufacture enough high-end chips to keep up with the demand.