Project Tango tablet now available for $512 USD via Google Store
Google Project Tango is not new on the market, but it has only been available for sale to those invited to test it. The Project Tango development kit went on sale at the end of 2014 for no less than $1,024 USD, but Google announced a 50 percent drop of this price in early April. Since then the slate has still been available only to invited buyers, but now Google Project Tango can be purchased via Google Store in multiple regions for the same price.
The specs of this 3D-sensing tablet remain the same, as you can see below:
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra K1
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 128 GB internal storage
- Display: 7-inch Full HD IPS multitouch
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, BTLE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, USB 3.0, micro HDMI
- Cameras: 120-degree lens in the front, one with 170-degree lens and a third 4 MP camera with two-micron light sensor on the back
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Colors: white or black
Nevertheless, this KitKat-powered slate remains a prototype mainly aimed at developers and not a consumer device. We will surely hear more about Project Tango in the future as Google continues to work on bringing the tablet's 3D-sensing technology to the masses.