Ockel unveils Sirius A and Sirius A Pro Windows 10 tablets
Desktop PCs are not dead yet, they are only turning into something new. The new Ockel Sirius A and Sirius A Pro hybrids seem to show the right path to follow - a compact, yet fully functional tablet that features a full set of connectivity options and the hardware required to run Windows 10 without breaking a sweat.
Ockel Sirius A and Sirius A Pro come with similar features, and they are not cheap. These are their specs and features:
- Processor: Intel Atom x7-Z8750 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB or 8 GB; 64 GB or 128 GB internal storage and microSD slot
- Display: 6-inch glossy multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Camera: front facing 720p webcam
- Connectivity: Intel dual-band wireless-AC 3165, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB Type-C, RJ45 LAN, 2XUSB 3.0
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro
- Battery/Autonomy: 3,000 mAh lithium-polymer; up to 3 hours video playback
- Colors: silver, gold, gray
This project has been crowdfunded on Indiegogo and managed to raise four times as much money as the initial goal. Early backers paid $549 USD for the Sirius A and $649 USD for the Pro version. First units are expected to hit their backers by the end of May, so we are waiting for the open sales (for higher prices) to start this summer if everything goes as planned.