Motorola launches the quad-core Moto G budget smartphone
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor - Details here
The Motorola Moto G smartphone was launched in London earlier today as the first new smartphone to hit the UK since its maker became a part of Google. While having a price tag perfect for budget conscious buyers this handset has a premium design and it even comes with a few high-end specs, such as the quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz.
This is the full list of technical specs of the Motorola Moto G Android smartphone:
- Processor: quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB or 16 GB internal storage and 50 GB Google Drive cloud space, free for two years
- Display: 4.5-inch LCD touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels and 329 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP back with LED flash, auto HDR, panorama and 1.3 MP front
- Connectivity: GSM, UMTS and CDMA networks (no LTE support), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.32 pounds; 5.11X2.59X0.24-0.46 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: non-removable 2,070 mAh; 10 hours talk time on 3G
Unfortunately, the handset does not come with a microSD slot, but 50 GB of cloud storage should be enough for most users. The Moto G has interchangeable covers that allow easy customization of the phone's looks and are available in the following colors: yellow, purple, blue, green, red and black.
An update of the operating system to Android 4.4 KitKat is expected to become available in January. The phone arrives in 30 countries today all over Europe, Asia and Latin America. In the UK, the Motorola Moto G starts at roughly $215, so it is no doubt that this handset will be priced below $200 when it hits the United States in January.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros