IFA 2016 | Medion announces Akoya S3409 notebook with Kaby Lake CPU
Lenovo Germany has introduced its first notebook sporting Kaby Lake at this year's IFA 2016. Called the Akoya S3409, the mobile design utilizes an aluminum chassis and is just 16.8 mm thick with a starting weight of about 1.5 kg. The thin form factor is made possible by Intel's 7th generation of processors and the manufacturer is promising up to 7 hours of runtime from the 43 Wh battery.
Other features include up to 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM, a backlit keyboard, and CPU options up to a Core i7-7500U. The 13.3-inch display can be outfitted with either a QHD+ (3200 x 1800) or FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution panel and the SSD can be configured with up to 512 GB of storage space.
Connectivity options include 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, and two Dolby Audio Premium speakers.
The Medion S3409 will be available this Q4 2016 with a starting price of 799 Euros.
Technical specifications of the Medion S3409 (according to manufacturer):
- Up to Intel Core i7 Kaby Lake 7th generation
- 33.8 cm / 13.3" Display up to QHD+ 3200 x 1800 (FHD optional)
- Up to 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Up to 512 GB SSD
- High-Definition Audio with 2 speakers – Dolby Audio Premium certified
- Intel Wireless-AC 8265 with integrated Bluetooth 4.1
- Integrated HD webcam and microphone
- 3-cell Li-Ion 43 Wh battery
- Sleek and lightweight Design
- USB Type-C port
- Windows 10 Home
- Connections: 1 x card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC), 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI out
- Audio: 1 x Audio combo (Mic-in, Audio-out)
- Dimensions: 327 x 16.8 x 220.6 mm / 1.5 kg (including battery)
- Accessories: 3-cell battery, external power adapter, warranty card, user manual
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros