MSI unveils the S12/S12T AMD Kabini-powered Windows 8 laptop
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor - Details here
After a long stream of portables packing Intel processors, MSI finally announces a laptop powered by AMD's Kabini APU. According to the product news article on MSI's website, the new S12/S12T laptop "truly meets all the needs of multimedia entertainment and delivers best mobile computing ability to the market," also offering a unique design and "record-shattering performance".
Although extremely light at less than 2.87 pounds, the MSI S12/S12T offers plenty of features for its weight. These are its main specs:
- Processor: AMD Kabini A4-5000/E1-2100 with Radeon HD 8330/HD 8210 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB/8 GB DDR3; 500 GB HDD, as well as optional 128 GB mSATA SSD
- Display: 11.6-inch with 1,366X768 pixels, 10-point multi-touch for the S12T variant
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, RJ45 LAN, SD card reader, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, HDMI, D-Sub, HDMI
- Operating system: Windows 8
- Dimensions: 11.7X7.49X0.87-1.19 inches
MSI claims that the standard 3-cell battery that powers the S12/S12T portable can last up to 5 hours when performing office work and can also provide "over 4 hours HD video entertainment". Unfortunately, details on availability and pricing are yet to be known. For additional information please check the press release below.