MSI GX70/GX60 Destroyer gaming notebook features AMD A10-5750M quad-core APU and R9-M290X graphics
MSI announced yesterday its GX70 and GX60 Destroyer gaming laptops, both using the same AMD-powered platform which includes a quad-core A10-5750M "Richland" APU and R9-M290X 2GB discrete graphics. According to MSI's own benchmarks, these machines are capable of running Battlefield 4 at over 30 fps on Ultra details and can reach 48 fps on Medium details, all in Full HD resolution.
The main difference between the GX70 and the GX60 is their screen size, next to their weight and dimensions. These are the main technical specs of the MSI GX70/GX60 Destroyer:
- Processor: AMD A10-5750M 3.5GHz quad-core APU
- Memory/Storage: up to 16 GB DDR3-1600; up to 1 SSD + 1X1 TB HDD
- Optical drive: BD writer/Blu-ray Combo/DVD Super Multi
- Display: 17.3-inch Full HD LED backlit with 1,920X1,080 pixels (GX70) or 15.6-inch Full HD LED backlit with 1,920X1,080 pixels (GX60)
- Graphics adapter: AMD R9-M290X 2 GB + HD8650G IGP featuring Eyefinity technology
- Camera: HD webcam (capable of 30 fps)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Killer Gaming LAN, SD card reader, 3XUSB 3.0 and 2XUSB 2.0, HDMI, mini DisplayPort 1.2
- Operating system: Windows 8.1
- Battery: 9-cell 7,800 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 8.49 pounds (GX70) or 7.60 pounds (GX60); 16.85X11.34X2.16 inches (GX70) or 15.55X10.94X1.77 inches (GX60)
The MSI GX70/GX60 Destroyer also comes with Sound Blaster Cinema audio, SteelSeries professional gaming keyboard and Audio Boost sound technology with Gold Flash audio jack. Unfortunately, details on availability and pricing are yet to be known.